You know how hard it is to find A-list players — and then hold on to them once you get them. Here are some good tips every HR manager have at his or her disposal.
The info is courtesy of Jobvite — and comes in a handy, easy-to-read infographic. Here are some of the highlights:
What to do
What are the best tactics for finding top performers? Jobvite suggests that firms:
- mine their applicant tracking system for previous applicants
- build their network with other recruiters
- invite potential candidates to company events, and
- build on already existing relationships.
Don’t forget those not actively looking
Another thing to keep in mind: Just because your dream candidate is already employed doesn’t mean he or she isn’t looking to make moves.
- Almost 85% of employed people consider themselves passive job seekers
- Six out of every 10 U.S. workers is open to the idea of a new job, and
- nearly 40% of staff members frequently consider quitting their jobs.
Once you have that stellar employee, it becomes a whole other job to retain him or her.
And while hiring may fall to HR or recruiting managers, many different members of an organization play a role in ensuring someone stays onboard with you and doesn’t jump ship.
So what are the best ways to keep the best people?
- Conduct “stay” interviews to get at why people stay at your company — and what would make them leave
- Work on morale by creating a happy workplace environment, and show employees you’re invested in their success by offering financial rewards and incentives
- Foster an open-door policy and strive for better communication, and
- If possible, promote from within — all-star employees crave new opportunities and challenges.
Check out the full infographic from Jobvite below: