Employees quit their jobs for a lot of reasons. But we’re guessing not many leave and join the Big Top.
That’s just one of many odd reasons people have left their job, according to research by Office Team.
Among our favorites are those who quit:
- to join the circus
- to become an apple farmer
- to climb Mount Everest
- to play the trombone
- because he was making too much money and didn’t feel he was worth it
- because she didn’t want to work hard
- because work was getting in the way of having fun
- because he just couldn’t get up in the morning
- because the colors of the walls bugged him
- to take part in a reality show
- for no reason — an employee walked out of the office one day, without a word, and the company was never able to get in touch with him
- to live off of her trust fund than work for a living, and
- just because liked to switch jobs every six months.
Hey, that’s why there are HR departments, right?