If your company doesn’t have the funds to provide nutrition counseling as a benefit, it can be done informally — for far less. How?
With signs, handouts and — the best way — healthier options in vending machines.
To help employees cure the mid-day munchies — and stay healthy — the American Dietetic Association recommends keeping these top 10 healthy noshes around the office:
- bagels (encourage employees to top them with cottage cheese or part-skim ricotta instead of cream cheese)
- bananas (a great source of energy)
- bran muffins
- broccoli (try with a low-fat dip)
- Mexican-style beans (as long as the brand doesn’t contain too much sodium)
- string cheese
- tuna (if mayo is needed, it’s got to be low-fat), and
- yogurt (but only if it’s non-fat or low-fat).