Are you making as much money as your peers? Here are some figures to help you decide.
According to the online job board indeed.com, these are nationwide average annual salaries for HR pros on various levels:
- Senior HR managers — $104,000
- Plant HR managers — $102,000
- HR managers in manufacturing firms — $86,000
- Regional HR managers — $79,000
- Benefits managers — $75,000
- Bilingual HR managers — $64,000
- HR generalists — $56,000
- HR/office managers — $49,000
indeed.com said HR salaries started a downward trend around March 2009, dropping to their lowest point last October. Salaries have been trending upward since early this year, however.
If you’re thinking about making a career move (hey, HR pros change jobs, too), there’s some good news: Companies seem to be stepping up hiring efforts. indeed.com reports that job postings are up across all industries — the first time that’s happened since the job board started keeping track in February 2009. For the May figures, go here.