The NFL Combine just concluded, making this the perfect time to review some of the most ridiculous interview questions NFL scouts and coaches have asked future league employees.
For those unfamiliar with it, the NFL Scouting Combine is an event in which college football’s NFL draft-eligible players gather together to put their skills and wits on display for professional scouts and coaches.
Over the years, mostly as a test of how players will react to unusual and uncomfortable situations, scouts and coaches will ask NFL hopefuls some pretty off-the-wall questions.
Here’s a rundown of the best (or worst, depending on how you look at them) from the combine over the years:
- “How many different things can you think of that you can do with a paper clip?” (Source: SI.com)
- “Which team do you pick in Madden and why?” (SI.com)
- “What animal would you describe yourself as?” (SI.com)
- “Do you wear a g-strong or a jock strap?” (SI.com)
- “If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?” (SI.com)
- “When did you lose your virginity?” (SI.com)
- “So do you like men?” (CSN Philly)
- “Do you like girls? (The New York Times)
- One combine participant said he was asked “to name all the things I could do with a single brick in one minute.” (Deadspin)
- “If you could kill someone and not get caught, would you? (Forbes)
- “Do you think your mother is attractive?” (Forbes)
- “You’re on a mountain in Alaska on a bus going 100mph. Where are you sitting on the bus?” (SB Nation)
- One participant said he was asked if he’d rather be a “cat or a dog.” (SB Nation)
- “Would you share your Internet history with us?” (SB Nation)
- “What the (expletive) were you thinking?” — asked to a player about his role in an on-field fight. (SB Nation)
- “What do you do when you get up in the morning?” (SB Nation)
- “McDonald’s or Burger King?” (NFL.com)
- “Pillow or blanket?” (NFL.com)
- One participant said a coach went “American Idol” on him, asking him to sing. (NFL.com)
- “If you were a kitchen appliance, which would you be and why?” (NexGoal)
- “Boxers or briefs?” (iHeartRadio)
Of course, these aren’t questions you’d ask your candidates. But if you’re looking for some great new questions here’s a list of the 10 best interview questions HR Morning found in 2015.