We know you’ve been waiting for it, and here it is: Managers list the nine screwiest requests they’ve received from employees in 2009. Pay particular attention to the last one.
The comes from a CareerBuilders survey of 2,900 managers:
- Install a tanning bed in the break room.
- Put beer in the vending machine.
- Allow jail time to be covered under family medical leave policy.
- Put in a special smoking area for medical marijuana.
- Permit employee to work only during daylight hours because of fear of the dark.
- Give employee more time off to pursue side business as a clown.
- Let employee replace his desk with a futon so he can work lying down.
- Hold the next team meeting in Hawaii.
- And our personal favorite: Require the HR manager to wear nicer shoes.