We’ve officially entered the three-month doldrums between the last summer holiday and Thanksgiving. To boost morale at work, why not celebrate some of these lesser-known holidays?
For example, today (Sept. 4) is Newspaper Carrier Day.
That’s followed by Be Late for Something Day on Sept. 5. Oddly enough, Fight Procrastination Day is Sept. 6.
There’s nothing that says celebration like food. So, keeping that in mind, you might want to provide some munchies for employees on these days:
- Sept. 8: National Date Nut Bread Day
- Sept. 12: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- Sept. 14: National Cream-filled Donut Day
- Sept. 17: National Apple Dumpling Day
- Sept. 19: National Butterscotch Pudding Day
- Sept. 20: National Punch Day (non-alcoholic for the workplace, please)
- Sept. 21: International Banana Festival, and
- Sept. 26: National Pancake Day.
That’ll get you through September. For October and November, checkout the Web site, Bizarre American Holidays.
And by the way: The editorial staff at HR Blunders would be remiss if we didn’t inform you that September is Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month.