Trying to find new employees via social media? Here’s what you’ll need.
GSMI has put together a list of the top 30 social media recruiting tools that HR pros of all sizes use.
The list includes:
- customer relationship management tools that can increase productivity and help keep potential candidates engaged
- search tools to find worthwhile candidates and, once you do, learn more about them
- social media solutions to get your job info on potential candidates’ radar
- digital interview tools to allow for video interviews and pre-recorded digital interviews, and
- mobile help to communicate with potential applicants from anywhere.
And while most of the tools require some sort of monetary investment, a handful — including Glassdoor.com and SmartRecruiters.com — are free.
But is it really worth it?
We’ll be the first to admit that social media recruiting may not be all it’s cracked up to be — especially when it comes to employees’ perceptions of being “found” on social media.
After all, more than half of the respondents to a Link Humans survey said they didn’t want recruiters approaching them on Facebook, and nearly 90% of respondents said they’ve never gotten in touch with a recruiter via the social media site.
That said, more than 60% of HR practitioners surveyed back in November said their social media usage will increase — and 69% would be using it for recruiting.
If you’re in that 69%, there’s no doubt you’ll find some of these tools useful, at least to try.
Check out the full infographic below, and let us know in the comments section below which tools you use and if you’ve had any success with them: