C’mon, you can’t expect a guy to be in on time if his hair hurts.
There are probably as many excuses for being late to work as there are workers. CareerBuilder recently compiled a list of some of the most bizarre, gathered from hiring managers across the country.
- Employee claimed his car was inhabited by a hive of bees and he couldn’t use the car for two hours until bees left
- Employee claimed her cat attacked her
- Employee claimed there was a delay with public transportation and produced a note signed by “The Bus Driver”
- Employee claimed his Botox appointment took longer than he expected
- Employee claimed his hair was hurting his head
- Employee claimed he knew he was already going to be late, so he figured he would go ahead and stop to get donuts for everyone
- Employee claimed her karma was not in sync that day
- Employee claimed he got hurt taking a fork out of the dishwasher, and
- Employee claimed he wasn’t late … the company clock was wrong.
Can you top these? Let’s hear your nominations for “lamest excuse for tardiness I’ve ever heard.”