In lieu of holiday bonuses, some companies give employees small gifts. Hopefully, not one of these.
We’ve scored the Web for examples of the Hall of Shame for holiday gift giving. See if anything you’ve ever received tops this:
- a single packet of cherry Kool-Aid
- 1 out of a five pack of VHS tapes
- an almost-empty box of tea bags (3 left in a box of 12), all expired
- a miniature screwdriver to repair eyeglasses (to someone who doesn’t wear glasses!)
- a rock from someone’s backyard
- a case of pork and beans
- men’s bow-tie g-string
- an empty shoe box
- a spa gift certificate … for a spa 2,000 miles away!
- a giant bottle of Listerine
- the book 365 Ways to Cook Chicken – for a vegetarian
- the volume “P” of an animal encyclopedia
- 50 cents in pennies, wrapped in a plastic sandwich bag
- a bag of clothespins
- a box of hair dye
- a light bulb
- half a pack of tube socks
- a single stick of gum
- a shaving kilt (this is not a typo – it’s a kilt you wear when you shave), and
- jumbo-sized poster of a baby seal.
Gotten (or have heard of) a gift that belongs on this list? Share it here.