A, uh, wide survey of the U.S. workforce reveals that 45% of workers have gained weight in the last year. The survey even shows which professions gained the most weight.
The survey of 7,600 people was done by CareerBuilder.com. Some of the more weighty results:
- 26% said they gained more than 10 pounds.
- 12% said they gained more than 20 pounds.
- 50% of women gained weight, compared to 42% of men.
- The biggest weight-gainers: those in the financial industry. More than half (53%) said they gained weight. Next in line: government workers, at 52%.
- The smallest gainers came from leisure and hospitality, 41%, and retail, 36%.
More related tasty tidbits:
- 38% of those surveyed said they ate out for lunch at least twice a week.
- 12% said they often got lunch from a vending machine.
- 66% snack at least once a day; 25% at least twice a day.
The writing manual says at this point in the story we’re supposed to give you advice on how to control your weight. However, since we at HR Morning have gained 12 pounds, you may want to look elsewhere for help.