Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 | Choose your preferred time
Cannabis and Opioids in the Workplace:
Reasonable Accommodation or Workplace Risk?
The widespread legalization of cannabis and rising use of opioids by workers poses a possible problem for managers:
Are you making a reasonable accommodation for employees, or risking the safety of your entire workplace?
The overlaps between OSHA, ADA, and accommodating employee use of medical marijuana or prescribed opioids make it hard to make the right decision.
Join us for our free webinar sponsored by Avetta to provide reasonable accommodations to employees while ensuring a safe workplace.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- Creating workplace policies that effectively address opioid & marijuana use
- Your obligation to reasonable accommodations & leave (ADA & FMLA)
- What employers must prove to sustain their affirmative defense of “Direct Threat to Safety” under the ADA
- Staying current with laws pertaining to medical use – and abuse
- Understanding OSHA and state laws on drug testing and discipline
Duration: 1 hour
REGISTER FOR THIS FREE WEBINAR NOW
Can’t attend the webinar live? Sign up anyway and we’ll send you the recording when the event is over.
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday HR challenges.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.