2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Employer Considerations Guide
A framework for building a DEI integration strategy
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive workplace enhances employees’ physical wellbeing, emotional wellbeing and sense of connection.
The business case for DEI is clear: Organizations that embrace DEI perform better. Additionally, a sense of belonging can help drive connectedness, which helps build resiliency and trust, and can reduce the risk of burnout, which negatively impacts retention and healthcare costs.
In our increasingly purpose-driven society, an organization’s DEI strategy can be a clear demonstration of the employee value proposition (EVP) and a distinct differentiator for why people may choose to join, stay or leave your organization.
This comprehensive guide helps you set the right path forward for your organization. It includes specific considerations across a wide range of areas and actions you can use to further build a culture that supports DEI.
- See how your company compares against peers in this nationwide survey of DEI adoption (pages 3-5)
- What do workforce demographics say about the current state of DEI in your organization? (page 6)
- Are your messaging and communications strategies doing all they can to promote DEI? (find out on page 6)
- DEI considerations around medical and other benefits, are you providing complete coverage?
- Recruitment, selection, retention and career advancement – key questions to help improve DEI in these areas (page 9)
- What off-boarding can tell you about the current state of DEI in your organization (page 10)
- 7 questions that pinpoint your leadership’s true commitment to DEI – and what you need to do (page 10)
- How well does your organizational culture foster DEI goals? – This 11-part checklist lets you know (page 10)
- A 4-step plan that ensures DEI success within your organization (page 11)
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE GUIDE
By downloading this resource, you will be subscribed to the HRMorning email newsletter that delivers practical advice and resources to help you navigate everyday HR challenges. You may also be contacted by this whitepaper provider.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.