If you’re interested in adding a benefit that’ll make your employees fall in love with you all over again, here’s one Jay Love, CEO of Slingshot SEO, Inc., highly recommends.
It’s the four-day work week. He says it’s one of the most appreciated perks at Slingshot SEO.
Reasons he says your company should try it:
- Attracts top-notch talent. He says, “Every HR department needs a ‘hook’ to snag the cream of the crop.” This could be that hook.
- Mega retention booster. Who wouldn’t want four days of commuting in stead of five — or three-day weekends instead of two?
- Maximizes productivity. People bring more energy to a condensed work week, Love says. Plus, 10-hour days allow for longer stretches of uninterrupted focus.
- Improves work/life balance. Employees get more time to spend with family, wait around for the repairman or volunteer at a nonprofit.
- Allows time for research. If your company relies on employees to do a great deal of research, this gives them a day to step away from their daily duties to do it. Granted, this may seem like a fifth day of work, but Love says most of his employees enjoy the ability to step away from the daily grind to stay abreast of what’s happening in their industry.
He did admit to Inc. magazine that a four-day work week may not be great for every company — like retailers or those with a large customer service component. But he believes any company with ingenuity can make it work.