There’s no doubt that a lot of people are suffering out there today — either due to heavier workloads or, worse yet, unemployment. But HR and Benefits pros may be the lucky ones.
There are a lot of benefits that come with being in the HR field nowadays, as pointed out by HR and recruiting expert Tim Sackett.
Here are some of the reasons he’s loving being in HR right now:
- Candidates are calling you back. The days of having to make dozens of calls just to get one person to call you back are long gone. Today, if you call a prospective candidate, he or she calls you back — and quickly.
- Employees seem happier. Sure, this could change when the economy turns around — for companies who’ve been riding their employees to hard during this recession. But for now, more people seem to like their jobs — even if it’s just because they’re happy to have one. Enjoy it while it lasts.
- Execs are at your doorstep. In this economy, execs are looking for every way possible to squeeze a little more profit out of their workforce. And if they’re going to accomplish that, HR/Benefits needs to be a big part of it. That means the CFO, the CEO and the C-whatever are in your office giving you a chance to make even more of a difference.
- Everyone loves a Potluck. They’re all the rage these days. Mainly because they’re a great way to boost morale without spending a ton of cash. Employees bring in their best eats, and you get to be the beneficiary.
- Vendors are workin’ it. They need your business now more than ever. And if you’ve been to a conference lately, you know how much swag they’re throwing around — trips, iPads, iPods, gift cards, you name it.