Candidates have had a lot of practice answering the usual interview questions. Maybe that’s why interviewers have come up with these new gems.
A recent survey by Monster.com revealed the dumbest interview questions candidates have been asked. Here are the highlights:
- “Why aren’t you married yet?”
- “Are you single? Why not?”
- “Is that your natural hair color?”
- “Who is your favorite Beatle?”
- “What did you think about the painting in our lobby?”
- “If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be?”
Those are mostly silly time-wasters, but the study showed that a surprisingly high number of candidates have been asked questions about race, age, sex and religion — all of which can lead to discrimination suits.
You can read the results of the survey here.
How about you? Know of any silly questions your colleagues in the field are asking? Let us know by dropping us a comment.