If it’s true that you should dress for the job you want and not the job you have, we’re very curious exactly what jobs these candidates were hoping to land.
The Society for Human Resource Management recently asked its Facebook followers about the strangest things they’ve had applicants wear to an interview.
Here are some of our favorites:
- a blue wig
- a “very poorly made” hair piece that was put on wrong
- a Cheetahs Gentleman’s Club polo shirt
- a tank top, short skirt and flip flops
- a camouflage shirt, jeans and boots
- pajamas and slippers
- fishnet stockings
- a pink velour outfit with plaid pink shoes
- business casual clothes that reeked of barbecue food
- a tuxedo T-shirt, and
- a T-shirt with the word “UNFOCUSED” on it. (This applicant was also carrying a biography of Charles Manson.)
What are some of the most outrageous outfits you’ve had candidates show up in? Let us know in the comments section below.