Given the cost of recruiting new employees, here’s some scary information for companies:
A lot of workers are close to walking out the door.
One in four employees say they don’t feel loyal to their current employer — and 20% said they’ll likely change jobs within the next year, according to a recent CareerBuilder survey.
Losing that many workers can have costly implications. What can HR do about it? Here are the most common reasons employees gave for their lack of loyalty:
- My employer doesn’t value me (61%)
- My work isn’t recognized or appreciated (52%)
- I’m not paid enough (51%)
- There’s no room for advancement (44%)
- I don’t like the company culture (33%)
- The benefits aren’t good enough (32%)
- I don’t like my boss (23%)
- I don’t get enough training or education (21%), and
- The work isn’t challenging (19%).