Someone did a lot of research on this. But our guess is that your list is just as good.
A company called Opinion Research asked 1,800 people to choose the workplace behaviors that are the most annoying. Here are the, uh, winners:
- Grumpy or moody co-workers (37%). Usually, this involves people who bring their personal problems to work. An early-morning spat with a spouse is a top contender for the cause of such behavior. Anyway, it’s what we hate the most, according to the survey.
- Gossipers (19%). Apparently, many who were polled don’t see the value in baseless stories about who’s cuddling with whom, who’s getting fired and who’s answering polls. Or maybe they were the ones being gossiped about.
- The use of jargon (18%). Clearly, the people who put this on their list are incapable of “thinking outside the box.”
- Loud phone talkers (18%). We imagine this one’s triple-annoying when the speaker is gossiping and saying stuff like “thinking outside the box.”
- Poor toilet etiquette (16%). The less said about this, the better.