Determination and creativity can be good qualities to look for in a new employee. But would you hire anyone who took things this far?
A recent CareerBuilder survey asked HR managers about the strangest things they’ve seen candidates do. Some of the highlights:
- Writing the cover letter in poem form
- Baking a cookie with “Hire Skip” written in frosting
- Promising the interviewer a foot massage
- Showing up at the office every morning with breakfast and asking for a job
- Approaching the hiring manager in the rest room after the interview, and
- Asking a restaurant the interviewer had mentioned to name a menu item after the candidate.
As an HR manager, have you ever witnessed any strange behavior by people who wanted to work for your company? Let us know about it by leaving a comment below.