2019 I-9 and E-Verify Updates: Solutions to Avoid Penalties
Now more than ever it is crucial that you ensure your I-9 forms are completed correctly. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) unit continues to increase the number of both announced and unannounced workplace I-9 audits every year. Making matters worse, the fine for a first I-9 non-compliance violation has risen to a range of $216 to $2,156.
The smallest mistake in your paperwork or policies could lead to hefty fines and costly lawsuits – don’t leave your company vulnerable! Join us for this 60-minute comprehensive program, where you and your staff will discover:
- The newest I-9 form: A step-by-step review for compliance
- I-9 documentation and workers- documents: Legal do’s and don’ts
- The 10 most painful I-9 mistakes: Keys to minimize liability and fines
- Bulletproof your I-9 policy: Comply with state and federal regulations
- How enrolling in and using the e-Verify system can protect your company
- Documentation retention: What to save, for how long and what to dump
Latest I-9 Form Updates: Guidelines for Total Compliance
- The newest I-9 form: Step-by-step guide to avoid fines and liability
- Latest E-Verify process updates: Be compliant, dodge penalties
- How to avoid I-9 and E-Verify related penalties: What you must do
I-9 and Legal Liability: Best Solutions to Minimize Costly Mistakes
- 10 of the most painful I-9 mistakes: What to do to be protected
- How to properly correct mistakes or missing data on an I-9
- Proof of work eligibility: All acceptable documents for I-9s
- How to process an eVerify Tentative Nonconfirmation
State and Federal Updates: Bulletproof Your I-9 Policy, Be Audit Ready
- I-9 audit survival kit: Create an internal I-9 tutorial document for your organization
- Policy forms and checklists: I-9 documentation do’s and don’ts
- I-9 documentation retention: What to keep and for how long
Live Question & Answer Session – Have your questions answered by the expert!
Join us for this 60-minute webinar to discover the latest updates to be compliant with the new I-9 form, recordkeeping and E-Verify program.
About the Speaker
Max Muller has more than 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer. In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); facilities management; and, warehousing/inventory control.
- He authored several books like “The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition” AMACOM Books (now HarperCollins Leadership) and SHRM, New York City, August 2013.
- He has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars and pod-casts all over the world attended or listened to by more than 100,000 people.