Best Practices for Offboarding Employees During COVID-19
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, employee retention was at an all-time low.
And now, between layoffs, furloughs, and your run-of-the-mill turnover, you’re likely to be doing a whole lot more offboarding than onboarding.
The worst part? When an employee leaves your company, they take time, knowledge, and revenue with them – and you’re left trying to fill in the gaps created in their absence.
Not to mention that a negative offboarding experience can come back to haunt the organization.
Luckily, parting ways with an employee, no matter the reason, doesn’t have to be a total loss. You can still generate a return on the investment you’ve made in departing employees with effective, thoughtful, and empathetic offboarding.
And as a bonus, you can figure out what went wrong – so when you backfill their role, you can find someone who can be a better fit for the long haul.
Join this workshop to learn:
- Why there’s no “one size fits all” offboarding strategy, and what elements of the employee experience are in your control
- How employee offboarding best practices have evolved during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The most important elements of an effective employee offboarding program
- How to offboard terminated employees
Learn exactly why offboarding is so important – and how to perfect it at your organization:
- Why offboarding employees is even more important than onboarding
- The 4 key elements of an effective offboarding strategy
- Pitfalls to avoid when offboarding employees
- How to offboard terminated employees and employees who leave voluntarily
Answers to your most important questions about offboarding, including:
- What do I need to do to offboard employees without causing drama?
- How can I learn the truth about why employees chose to leave when I offboard them?
- What should I do when an employee I offboard had a negative (or even dangerous) experience at my workplace?
- Will offboarding be different for future generations?
Walk away equipped to:
- Refine and improve your offboarding experience for employees, whether they’re being terminated or are leaving voluntarily
- Take action when a departing employee shares that they’ve had a negative experience with your company
- Reduce voluntary employee turnover
- Prevent existing, former, and future employees from having a negative perception of the company
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore works with entrepreneurs and business leaders to help them grow their business by empowering their customers and engaging their employees.
Strong, effective offboarding can improve your organization’s reputation, build employee trust, and help you recover faster from losing employees. After this workshop, you’ll be able to turn employee offboarding into a positive, productive experience for everyone involved.
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!