No one’s going to throw a bunch of money at wellness these days. But there are benefits to be gained without spending a small fortune.
Try something new
There is no shortage of ways to steer employees toward healthier choices on the cheap.
- Some companies are starting walking challenges where employees track how many steps they take each day toward a certain goal or prize
- Others are selling inexpensive fruit in the breakroom, and
- Some have started company softball or tennis teams to get folks moving.
Push something old
You don’t even necessarily have to launch a new series of efforts to get employees to live healthier.
One idea that’s worth a try: calling new attention to under-used benefits your company already has.
- Does your insurance company offer a 24-hour nurse line? Remind workers.
- Will it reimburse gym memberships or Weight Watchers? Play it up.
What are some inexpensive ways your company has improved employee health? Let us know in the Comments Box below.