Terminating Without Fear:
What Employers Need to Know
Too many managers let fears of legal repercussions cloud their judgment about pulling the trigger on terminations.
But successful organizations never put off the inevitable. How a termination is handled makes all the difference between professionally parting ways … or getting slapped with a lawsuit.
Terminating Without Fear: What Employers Need to Know lays out proven, straightforward, actionable steps employers should take when dismissing employees to effectively terminate – when it is necessary – without fear of legal backlash.
Dismiss Employees While Minimizing Legal Exposure
- Bulletproof documentation practices that halt frivolous lawsuits
- Top 3 areas where managers slip up during the termination process
- Legal ramifications of keeping marginal performers on board
- Red flags that a termination conversation could cause legal trouble
- Today’s best practices when dealing with employee dismissals
Protect Your Organization from Termination Lawsuits
- Top 6 reasons terminated employees sue and how to avoid them
- Getting employees to sign disciplinary documents whether they agree or not
- Legal pitfalls of probationary periods: Protecting your organization
- Included: Script for an appropriate and legal termination conversation
- Strategies to handle reference requests without legal backlash
Navigate the Complex Laws of Employee Termination
- Severance packages: What some companies are required to offer
- Dealing with employee fallout after a coworker is let go
- Dispelling the myths of ‘at-will’ employment
- Training managers to deliver verbal warnings that will stick in court
- Key role employee handbooks play in setting expectations
Yes, I Want the Free Guide!
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday HR challenges.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.