This year, tens of thousands of HR professionals descended upon Washington, D.C. for the biggest HR event of the year. HR Morning was in attendance, and here is the best intel we gathered on the most important issues you face in the coming year.
Here’s a recap of our coverage of the SHRM16 Annual Conference & Exposition (click on the headline to read the full story):
- 11 remarkable overtime rule tips from DOL insider. Turns out there’s more to the FLSA’s overtime exemption rule changes (and salary threshold) than meets the eye. A former DOL administrator recently opened a lot of employers’ eyes with what she had to say about the new rule.
- 5 costly employment myths we need to discard. Everyone knows a good myth or two. And as it turns out, a lot of those myths end up being taken at face value and acted on as if they were true — and it’s costing employers.
- An attorney’s tips for detecting lies in the workplace. A former attorney with the Department of Justice offered employers tips for how to tell when a job candidate or, worse yet, an existing employee is lying.
- The ACA provision you don’t have to comply with. David Lindgren, a compliance officer with Flexible Benefit Service Corporation, reminded employers that they don’t have to comply with an onerous ACA compliance requirement. (From our sister website HR Benefits Alert.)
- The giant mistake 40-50% of your HSA-eligible employees make. Why aren’t employees taking full advantage of the myriad benefits HSAs offer to savvy participants? Because misinformation about how these accounts actually work is dominating the conversation. (From our sister website HR Benefits Alert.)