Employment Law for Supervisors & Managers: Must-Know Regulations
Managers and supervisors need to have at least a basic understanding of key employment laws in order to protect themselves and their companies.
Without it, inadvertent violations can lead to hefty fines, lawsuits, reputation-damaging allegations, and more.
Don’t end up in hot water. Join us for this upcoming workshop to learn the basics of employment law that every manager needs to protect themselves and their organization.
This program will provide an overview of the key federal employment laws addressing:
- Race, color, gender, religious and national origin discrimination (Title VII)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Plus: statutes covering service member protections, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), genetic information confidentiality, and wage/hour requirements.
Our expert presenter, Adele Abrams, will touch on the most current, critical areas of focus, such as: COVID-19 employment issues, medical cannabis, drug testing and workplace safety, and whistleblower protections, including social media communications.
Additional topics covered will include:
- The scope and coverage of federal employment laws: Title VII, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, GINA
- The latest on COVID-19 from an employment and HR law perspective
- Federal vs state laws: Understanding how state laws expand federal protections
- Addressing issues of workplace harassment, sexual harassment or workplace violence
- Different state laws for medical marijuana use and treatment of worker’s comp injuries
- New NLRB policies related to social media protections and cell phone use in the workplace
- Whistleblower protections under OSHA, DOT and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- What the latest US Supreme Court decisions mean for changes to employment laws
- Which laws may warrant a rework of your current employment handbook or safety manual
About the Speaker
Adele Abrams is an attorney, safety professional and trainer who is president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. in Beltsville, MD, Charleston, WV, and Denver, CO, a multi-attorney firm focusing on safety, health and employment law nationwide.
Adele is a certified safety professional and she also provides consultation, safety audits, and training services to MSHA and OSHA regulated companies.
- Adele is a member of the Maryland, DC and Pennsylvania Bars, the U.S. District Courts of Maryland, DC and Tennessee, the U.S. Court of Appeals, DC, 3rd and 4th Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
- She is a graduate of the George Washington University’s National Law Center.
This 90-minute workshop will provide you with the tools and critical updates you need to avoid litigation and successfully manage your workforce compliantly.
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!