I-9 Requirements & Self-Audits to Ensure Compliance
Are you confident your organization is in full compliance with Federal immigration laws, or are you at risk for being assessed costly fines, or worse, for potential violations? The current Administration is strongly focused on immigration enforcement, and the chances of your organization being audited are higher than ever.
A comprehensive I-9 self-audit will give you an in-depth look at your current internal procedures to uncover any errors, omissions or out-date processes. In this informative 90-minute program, we’ll provide you with the information you need to ensure your organization is Form I-9 compliant, and tips to reduce the likelihood of being audited. Join us as we cover:
- Critical Form I-9 compliance guidelines and requirements
- Steps for conducting an effective I-9 self-audit
- Keys to proper documentation and recording keeping
- How to survive an external audit and avoid hefty fines
I-9 Form Compliance Requirements & Updates
- What is Form I-9 and who must comply?
- Employer and employee responsibilities for completing Form I-9
- Recordkeeping and documentation do’s and don’ts
- I-9 and E-Verify: Understanding the difference
- States with current E-Verify laws
Best Practices for Self-Audits: Find & Fix Costly Errors
- Steps for conducting your I-9 self-audit
- Common Form I-9 errors and how to handle them
- Procedures for correcting errors and omissions
- Exceptions for completing and retaining Forms I-9
What to Expect in the Event of an External Audit
- Immigration and customs enforcement audits
- How to handle and respond to inspection notices
- What are the consequences for non-compliance?
Live Question & Answer Session – Have your questions answered by the expert!
After attending this event, participants will have the tools needed to conduct an audit of their I-9 forms and policies. Learn key strategies to ensure compliant and accurate forms and reporting, plus tips to reduce the likelihood of an external audit.
About the Speaker
Diane L. Dee, President and Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC is a senior Human Resources professional with over 25 years of experience in the HR arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting, training and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments.
- Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR Consulting provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized public and private firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Diane also develops and conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR compliance and administrative topics for various training firms across the country. Additionally, Diane is the author of multiple white papers addressing various HR compliance topics.
- Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR and SHRM-SCP certification. Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.