Master Difficult Conversations: Overcome Fear & Eliminate Conflicts
Have you ever hesitated when faced with confronting an employee or colleague about an uncomfortable situation? Most of us want to avoid difficult conversations like the plague based on a misconception that any and all difficult feedback or conflict is bad. In reality, these crucial conversations can push teams to be more innovative and take relationships to a new level of openness, honesty and understanding.
Many effective managers can find it difficult to confront uncomfortable situations. Some managers may even try to avoid them. If left unaddressed, these situations can destroy morale – causing bigger problems. Join your fellow managers in our 75-minute program to discover:
- The lost art of confronting problems – directly and professionally
- Resolving conflict and still maintain positive relationships
- Keeping disagreements from escalating into arguments
- How to avoid defensiveness when you are confronted
- Steps to identify which issues are worth confronting
- Keys to focusing on problems and solutions – not blaming others
Strategies for Supervisors: Deliver a Difficult Conversation Successfully
- Solution-focused strategies to respond to bad behavior
- Criticize without trampling egos: The do’s and don’ts
- Keep disagreements from escalating into arguments
- Model to identify which issues are worth confronting
Conversational Skills: Encouraging Open Lines of Communication
- Stay cool under fire: Pointers to keep emotion in check
- Know what you want to get out of your conversation
- Specific follow-up techniques to change negative behavior
- Resolve conflict and still maintain a positive relationship
- Stop gossip & negativity: Clean up the potential backlash
Live Question & Answer Session – Have your questions answered by the expert!
You will learn strategies to help you manage difficult conversations with ease while still keeping your professional relationship in tack. Feel more confident in your ability to address problems or situations that need your feedback head on and with positive intent. And, gain a variety of communication strategies to keep in your back pocket to use in any difficult situation.
About the Speaker
As a 20-year talent development professional, Tara Powers is an international best-selling author, award winning leadership expert, sought after speaker and crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives and leadership training. She’s worked with over 200 companies and more than 15,000 leaders building programs and launching initiatives that deliver high touch and high impact for her clients.
- For 4 years, Tara’s Leadership Programs have earned the prestigious recognition as a Top 10 Leadership 500 Award winner by HR.com alongside big names such as Korn Ferry, Level (3), Hilton, Honda, MIT and DDI. Tara is also a judge for the coveted Brandon Hall Excellence Awards which recognizes the best organizations globally that have successfully deployed programs, strategies, modalities, processes, systems, and tools that have achieved measurable results.
- In July 2018, Tara published Virtual Team for Dummies with Wiley and was recognized in Colorado Business Magazine as a Woman to Watch.
- Tara speaks nationally on vital topics such as the importance of women in leadership, simple secrets to creating healthy organizations and how to build cohesive and committed teams.