With the unemployment rate still sky-high, why are companies having such trouble filling their open jobs?
According to a recent survey from Manpower, 52% of employers say the’re having difficulty filling “mission critical positions.”
How come? The survey participants cited three main reasons:
- candidates are looking for higher salaries than companies are willing to pay
- candidates don’t have the correct technical skills, and
- applicants lack experience.
The hardest jobs to fill in 2011, according to Manpower:
1. Skilled trades
2. Sales reps
5. Accounting and finance staff
6. IT staff
9. Secretaries/administrative assistants
10. Machinists/machine operators
How’s your recruiting going? Are you finding it hard to find qualified people? Let us know in the Comments section below.