Gender Identity, Affirmation, & Transition
The Ultimate Guide for HR
Provide a safe environment for all employees, regardless of their sexual orientation.
Many LGBTQ+ individuals, including those with different gender identities, feel a need to hide their authentic selves at work because they don’t want to face discrimination or harassment.
It’s HR’s job to make sure all employees feel safe and supported. This guide gives valuable insights and offers practical solutions to manage gender identity, affirmation, and transitions at work.
“Gender Identity, Affirmation, & Transition: The Ultimate Guide for HR” is a clear, straightforward guide you can use right now to help you balance the legal, social, and procedural aspects of this fast-developing area of diversity in a supportive and empathetic way.
Learn Best Practices for Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Learn how the Human Rights Campaign defines the term “gender identity”
- Use common gender expressions, such as transgender and non-binary, correctly
- Read a real-life success story with steps for how HR can get it right
- Discover 3 critical areas for training employees and kickstarting conversations
- Read the included pronoun guide and share it with employees
Discover Which Accommodations and Considerations You Can – and Should – Offer LGBTQ+ Employees
- Learn how to gear your dress code toward professionalism instead of gender
- Tips for bathroom and locker usage policies
- The #1 rule to protect employee privacy
- Non-binary options for identification and documentation
- Options for healthcare and medical equity
Change is Inevitable: Gain New Skills for Managing It
- Links to resources for managers and colleagues of transgender employees
- Links to health and wellness services in an LGBTQ+ environment
Yes, I Want the Free Guide!
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday HR challenges.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.