Thursday, January 27th, 2022 | Choose your preferred time
Advancing Health Equity in Employee Benefits
The COVID-19 pandemic revealed widespread disparities in access to healthcare and created a new urgency to remedy the situation.
As a result, many organizations have now made health equity a priority.
But what does health equity really mean? What are some of the essential steps you and your colleagues can take to foster health equity in your organization? How can you improve upon any existing health equity initiatives?
Join MacArthur Foundation Fellow Dr. Lisa A. Cooper and Dr. Shantanu Nundy for a free webinar where you’ll learn the answers to these questions and more. Find out the concrete steps you can take today to foster greater health equity in your organization in the coming year.
After this webinar you’ll be able to:
- Define what “health equity” really means
- Understand some of the hidden barriers faced by employees who are people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community and disabled individuals
- Create a plan to foster greater health equity in your organization or improve existing initiatives
- Get buy-in from the C-suite
- Define and measure the success of health equity initiatives
- Suggest 5 changes – totally unrelated to healthcare – your employer can make right now that boosts health equity
- Play an enhanced role in ensuring all employees can attain their full health potential
Lisa A. Cooper, MD, MPH
MacArthur Foundation Fellow,
James F. Fries Professor of Medicine and Bloomberg Distinguished Professor in Health Equity at Johns Hopkins University Schools of Medicine
Shantanu Nundy, MD, MBA
Chief Medical Officer at Accolade
Duration: 1 hour
REGISTER FOR THIS FREE WEBINAR NOW
Can’t attend the webinar live? Sign up anyway and we’ll send you the recording when the event is over.
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday HR challenges.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.