Discipline from a Distance: How to Encourage Positive Employee Behavior Remotely
In today’s hybrid/flex work environment, it’s more important than ever to ensure that all your employees are motivated, on-task, and productive – even though many are working from home. The best way to curb poor performance and avoid expensive turnover? Effective discipline.
When you equip your managers with techniques that transform disciplinary tactics into catalysts for positive outcomes, you can improve employee performance.
This 75-minute workshop will teach managers a two-pronged approach that uses discipline as a positive force while protecting the organization from unproductive employees.
The result: employees with the ability to self-discipline, which means a strong workforce that’s equipped to handle remote work – however long it may last.
You’ll be able to inspire employees to:
- Voluntarily set – and stick to – their working hours and daily goals
- Maintain productivity levels even when working offsite
- Meet (and exceed) reasonable expectations for output
- And more!
Learn actionable answers to your most pressing questions about remote discipline, including:
- How do you manage the behavior of employees in a distributed setting?
- How can you empower managers to communicate effectively with remote employees?
- How should I change my attitude toward discipline when employees are working from home?
When you leave this workshop, you’ll be equipped with:
- Communication plans that stop poor performance in its tracks
- Proven ways to inspire employees to proactively self-discipline
- Plans for managers to document positive behaviors in addition to negative ones
- Tips to use discipline to reinforce positive behaviors instead of just correcting negative ones
After this workshop, you’ll be able to address:
- Lack of sustained program implementation for managers working with remote employees
- Feeling guilt for firing someone during challenging economic times
- How Performance Improvement Plans change when employees aren’t in the office
- How to handle a termination meeting remotely – if it comes to that
Statistically, reducing turnover through effective discipline will save an organization approximately $4,000 per new hire – not to mention the average 40 days it takes to fill a position. Employing up-to-date methods of redirecting unproductive behaviors into positive ones effectively increases productivity, saves money, and results in meaningful employee engagement.
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has more than 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer.
He is the bestselling author of several books like “The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition” AMACOM Books (now HarperCollins Leadership) and SHRM, New York City, August 2013.