Moving Up to Manager: Essential Skills for New Leaders
Being promoted to a management role is a reward for an employee’s hard work and dedication. It brings added status and new excitement, but most importantly, new responsibilities and challenges.
Yet, too often, the transition becomes problematic as new managers and supervisors must now step away from their individual contributions to lead and motivate others, solve problems and develop their team.
Unfortunately, they aren’t always given the training and support they need to succeed.
So, what can you do about it?
With the right communication and motivational tools, you can smooth the transition from employee to manager. Join us for our high-impact, 60-minute workshop to discover:
- How to seamlessly go from being a peer to a manager
- Effective communication tips for getting your message across – and getting it to stick!
- Leadership tools to engage employees and drive performance
- Keys to simultaneously managing tasks while also leading people
Key Skills for New Managers: Lead Your Team to Success
- Transitioning from an individual contributor into the role of a supervisor
- What makes an effective manager and supervisor?
- How to forge a working partnership with HR
- Turning disengaged employees into top performers
- Keys to giving orders to people who used to be your peers
Effective Communication & Coaching: Setting the Right Tone
- Assessing your communication strengths and challenges
- Why supervisory communication can get derailed & how to prevent it
- Using your voice for optimal results – it’s not just what you say, but how you say it
- Selecting the right medium for the right impact
- How to really listen, not just “hear” your employees
Question and Answer Session – Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
In this 60-minute program we’ll show you how to effectively communicate and manage as you make the transition up from staff positions, plus how to further enhance your skills to add to your management toolkit.
About the Speaker
Judi Clements, President of Judi Clements Training & Development, is a veteran training professional who offers training, coaching and webinars in the areas of management, public speaking, and customer service.
She is a frequently sought-after trainer who offers cutting-edge programs with a “laugh-while-you-learn” approach. Her awards include:
- The Hudson-Mohawk American Society of Training & Development’s “Corporate Trainer of the Year” award
- The Girl Scouts’ “Outstanding Community Leader” award