Stemming Disruptive Behavior & Creating a Productive Environment
According to Gartner, 78% of people discuss politics at work, and 36% of employees avoid talking to or working with a co-worker who sees political and social issues differently.
Today’s social views, especially those focused on individual politics and health, have no place in worker interactions – but continue to invade the workplace. Employee friction and uncertainty interfere with collaborative work, plus disrupt productivity – and can negatively impact the bottom line!
Join our 60-minute program to learn effective ways employers and managers can move away from destructive behaviors to an environment that fosters respectful discourse, uniting your team around productive work.
- Ways to foster sincere inclusivity and discourage divisive discussions
- Strategies to avoid creating or accepting an uncomfortable environment
- Steps to bring your team together during a politically sensitive and polarized time
- How to enforce anti-harassment protocols while respecting differing opinions
- Keys to ensuring employees feel safe and welcomed in the work environment
Fostering an Inclusive – Not Divisive – Work Environment
- How to effectively navigate office and online politics
- Methods to avoid and resolve destructive conflict
- Understanding “incivility” and how it affects the workplace
- Driving factors of positive engagement, including the role of empathy
- Tips for creating boundaries on what should and shouldn’t be discussed at work
Protecting Employee Rights & Safety in the Workplace
- Options to prevent unconscious discrimination or other forms of bias
- How to avoid overreaching into employees’ right to opinions and privacy
- When disagreement crosses the line of harassment and what to do
- Communications training and coaching options for staff members
We’ll address key questions employers are asking including:
- How do we get our employees to work well with others who have differing views?
- What am I required to do (and not do) as an employer?
- How do I avoid micro-managing employees while ensuring that they behave appropriately?
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting and onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this 60-minute workshop, we’ll teach employers and managers how to create an energizing work environment that respects employee rights and unique opinions while discouraging polarizing discussions and behaviors that cripple productivity.
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!