Using Written Communication to Impact and Inspire Employees
Great communication has always played a key role in great relationships.
But with most of us lacking face-to-face communication at work within the past year, you might notice relationships like HR-to-employees, manager-to-employee, or colleague-to-colleague, are more distant and there’s increasing miscommunication.
Poor employee communications not only can cost your company millions of dollars, but it also results in loss of morale and increased levels of employee stress and frustration.
Now more than ever, your written communications need to be clear and impactful – whether it’s a long email, short direct message, texts, etc. Your language should inspire trust and respect from your employees. Communication is truly an invaluable skill to have, especially in the current heavy remote work environments.
In this 60-minute workshop, you will learn how you can tailor your business writing to:
- Develop quality relationships for team success
- Discover new ways of working and solving problems together
- Demonstrate behavior that meets the related need at the right time
- Drive the conversation by using effective AQ (Adaptability Quotient) tools
Situationally, intentionally, and temporarily modify our writing for better employee engagement:
- Essential Reader Centric techniques to apply to your writing communications
- Learn the skill of knowing how and when to modify the tone of your writing situationally
- Make a big impact of nurturing trust and respect through minor adjustments in your writing
- Build social capital through my writing
Communication strategies that empower your team and maximize results:
- Essential prewriting and planning tools
- The building blocks for better employee engagement through your writing
- Effectively employ the behavioral style framework to positively impact organizational culture and quality of relationships
Get answers to the most pressing questions from your peers, like:
- How can I better connect with and motivate my team when communicating largely via written communication (email, messaging, texts, etc.)?
- What can I do to control the tone of my communications and make sure it’s not taken the wrong way?
- Do I have to change my writing style for each person I send an email to?
About the Speaker
As a chemical engineer, risk management professional, international best-selling author, and professional certified coach, Dr. Ray Charles brings leadership, team development, and effective communication skills to technical and non-technical professionals alike.
In today’s context, written communication, like emails, text messages, and Instant Message, are our main methods of communication. Unfortunately writing is riddled with booby traps that detract from your message – grammatical errors, lack of clarity, reader interpretation, slow response times – the list goes on.
This workshop will help you consistently communicate clearly and effectively in your written communications that result in action. After attending, you’ll be able to implement the power of your words to inspire your team, solve conflict, and maximize results.
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!