Workplace Retaliation: How Employers Can Avoid Claims
Employers and their employees aren’t always on the same page about what constitutes workplace retaliation. This poses a big risk for employers.
Having a clear understanding of what actions may be considered retaliation can help prevent retaliation charges – or at the very least, reduce the costly penalties associated with these charges.
There are steps you can take if you want to avoid expensive, unpredictable workplace retaliation claims. In this workshop, we’ll outline those steps, and you’ll learn best practices to minimize the likelihood of retaliation claims
Join us to learn:
- Steps employers can take to avoid exposure to retaliation claims
- How to conduct effective investigations into claims of retaliation
- When it’s time to get legal counsel involved
- How to maintain airtight documentation throughout the process
Answers to your most pressing retaliation questions, including:
- What constitutes workplace retaliation?
- What are the specific elements of a retaliation claim?
- How does retaliation differ from harassment and discrimination?
- What should employees who suspect they are a victim of retaliation do?
- What’s the employers’ liability in cases of retaliation?
You’ll walk away knowing:
- What workplace retaliation involves – plus the telltale signs that something is amiss
- How to identify your liability as an employer
- How to minimize the likelihood of retaliation violations across your organization
- Best practices when conducting retaliation investigations
Plus, you’ll learn:
- The importance and benefits of retaliation training – plus how to set up your own
- How you can protect your employees and your workplace
- How to identify protected classes, activities, and behaviors
- Understanding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and what it means for you
You want what’s best for your employees, and you also need to protect your company. In this workshop, you’ll learn exactly what constitutes workplace retaliation and how your company can avoid retaliation claims – saving you a whole lot of hassle (and money!).
If you’d like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We’re certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
About the Speaker
Diane L. Dee, President and Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC is a senior Human Resources professional with over 25 years of experience in the HR arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting and training & administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments.
Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR Consulting provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized public and private firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Diane also develops and conducts webinars on a wide variety of HR compliance and administrative topics for various training firms across the country. Additionally, Diane is the author of multiple white papers and e-books addressing various HR compliance topics.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR and SHRM-SCP certification. Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.