Attract, Retain & Develop Millennials: Retention Tools to Keep Top Performers from Jumping Ship
Millennials are talented, innovative, entrepreneurial, creative, and highly mobile and prone to job hopping. Traditional retention strategies just aren’t enough to hold onto this elusive generation – especially in today’s candidate-driven labor market.
Although Millennials tend to hop from job to job, they are looking for the right company to stay with longer – they just want to find the right environment and the right opportunities.
In this 60-minute workshop, discover why Millennials leave and practical techniques to retain top talent. You’ll learn:
- Questions for conducting stay interviews: Get to the root cause of why millennials leave
- Strategies and tactics to combat millennial employee turnover
- 146 employee retention strategies – covering any reason why employees jump ship
- Leadership techniques that determine whether employees stay or leave
Managing turnover from the start: Recruiting and hiring
- Recruitment and interview strategies that prevent employee turnover
- Keep your benefits competitive: How to attract and hold onto top talent with the right offer
- Onboarding that creates loyal employees that managers dream about
Combatting reasons why millennial employees leave
- Understand Gen Y and what motivates them
- 135 ideas to reduce millennial turnover and 10 steps to boost retention
- Key components of maintaining an effective retention model
- Employee retention metrics – how you compare to benchmarks and what it means for your retention strategy
Creating a workplace community where employees want to stay
- Techniques to communicate effectively with millennials
- Ways to promote and sustain continued professional development and “growth” that millennials are searching for
- Compensation strategies that motivate and satisfy employees
- Making your employees feel valued: 7 steps to effective recognition
Question and Answer Session – Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
Discover why Millennials tend to jump ship, and techniques and strategies to show them why they’ll want to stay with your organization longer. You’ll walk away with effective retention tools you can implement now.
About the Speaker
Bob Verchota is owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota & Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments.
He provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project specific disruptions of the status quo.
After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.